The Great Mistake Mysteries 2
The Artsy Mistake Mystery
The Great Mistake Mysteries
Juvenile: Age (years) from 9 - 12, Reading age from 9 - 12
JUVENILE FICTION / Mysteries & Detective Stories
Aug 05, 2017
5 x 8 x 1 in
They say he’s been stealing art. But is Attila being framed?
Outdoor art is disappearing all over the neighbourhood! From elaborate Halloween decorations to the Stream of Dreams fish display across the fence at Stephen and Renée’s school, it seems no art is safe. Renée’s brother, Attila, has been cursing those model fish since he first had to make them as part of his community service. So everyone thinks Attila is behind it when they disappear. But, grumpy teen though he is, Attila can do no wrong in Renée’s eyes, so she enlists Stephen’s help to catch the real criminal.
- Book two in the Great Mistake Mysteries trilogy, where an anxious young sleuth tries to protect his favourite animals and his friends
- A mystery with no violence, featuring a male protagonist with strong, smart girl sidekick, where sleuth helps someone who’s been unfairly blamed
- Fast-paced, easy read for middle-graders, short at 30,000 words
- By the author of the Bringing Up Beauty series
- Author’s books have won the Forest of Reading Silver Birch Award and been nominated for the Arthur Ellis Award in the YA category and the Rocky Mountain Book Award, as well as the Manitoba Young Readers’ Choice award, the Saskatchewan Snowy Willow, Resource Links “One of the Year’s Best”, and an OLA Best Bet