Big Whales, Small World
Board book, Paper over boards
Juvenile: Age (years) from 0 - 2, Grade (CAN) from P - K, Grade (US) from P - K, Reading age from 0 - 2
JUVENILE NONFICTION / Animals / Marine Life
Apr 14, 2020
7 x 7 x 0.5 in | 280 gr
FSC certified – mixed sources C106973
Orca Book Publishers
Take a dive in the oceans of the world with whales big and small!
In Big Whales, Small World you will meet whales from around the world. This rhyming photographic board book visits the oceans of places like New Zealand, Russia and South America. Writer, filmmaker and orca activist Mark Leiren-Young introduces young readers to blue whales bigger than dinosaurs and tiny vaquitas who swim close to shores.
Key Selling Points
- In this book, young readers are introduced to whales from around the world.
- Young readers learn one interesting fact about each whale in this clever, rhyming board book.
- Author Mark Leiren-Young has also written Orcas Everywhere and Orcas of the Salish Sea.
- The author has been called Canada’s “go-to guy for dolphins, whales and trees.”
- It is illegal to take underwater pictures of certain endangered whales. All of the photos in this book were sourced and taken legally.
Marketing and Promotional Plans
- Splashy print and online advertising campaigns
- Coastal, local and national media initiatives
- A wave of promotion at national and regional school, library and trade conferences
- A sea of ARC distribution, including NetGalley
- A swell of blog and social media promotion
- Cross-promotion with Orcas of the Salish Sea
- Sea-to-sea coverage on Mark Leiren-Young's podcast, Skaana